Google
 
Internet Goosing the Antithesis

Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Spirit of Christmas

Mark Spittle, of the blog "Spittle and Ink", comments again about his unprovoked and bigoted retractation of our show...

Loopy Libertarian Francois Tremblay used a few big words to insult me over at his blog, although his was admittedly not the best vocabulary of my Libby critics. (OT: Watch for the Francois Tremblay Divorce Clock -- where we calculate how long it will take for his wife Alleee to dump him -- right here on S+I.)


Well, that's his very own statist way to celebrate Christmas, I guess. But he really needs to practice his trolling : the Christians we get are so much better at it. He needs to convert and get some Holy Spirit fire in 'im.

Incidentally, I've wanted to make a shit list of stupid anti-individualists that we cross paths with, so I've started one, spurred on by this latest troll. It's probably going to be temporary. Merry Christmas to the four morons who made the list.

Post a Comment


6 Comments:

At 12/22/2005 4:11 PM, Blogger Francois Tremblay declaimed...

We had a show against liberalism. He's a liberal bigot. Whacha gonna do ?

 
At 12/22/2005 4:33 PM, Blogger Aaron Kinney declaimed...

LOL

 
At 12/22/2005 9:57 PM, Blogger breakerslion declaimed...

Snarf! I'm a part time Social Democrat, and a fiscal conservative. When you figure out that combination, let me know what it means and we'll both know. You can disagree with me all you want. Some of my best friends are liberals ;-) None of my friends are bigots. Thanks for making the distinction. I listened to that show, and I was not offended in the slightest. If you cannot defend your ideology in the face of informed and logical objection, and if you cannot hear criticism without becoming offended, you either lack confidence, you are an ideologue, or you are a bigot. You might also be a combination of the three.

BTW, assonance is a respectable way to write interesting prose, except when it has no other excuse for existence. You might be many things Franc, but I have never heard you say anything that could be defined as "loopy".

Merry Christmas.

 
At 12/23/2005 2:31 PM, Blogger Francois Tremblay declaimed...

"As far as I know, "liberal" and "bigot" don't go together."

That is a laughable and ridiculous statement. Liberalism in all its major aspects is nothing more than organized bigotry.

Conservatism, on the other hand, is just retarded, and its proponents are not intelligent enough to be bigoted. So I have to give them the point on that.

 
At 12/24/2005 8:16 PM, Blogger breakerslion declaimed...

Hmmm. According to freedictionary.com:

Bigot - One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

By that definition, one could argue that we're all bigots. One could also wile away an afternoon or two debating where to draw the line between defending one's own position and being intolerant of another's. I guess I'm a little old-fashioned in my understanding of the word, because mere intolerance doesn't seem quite enough. My understanding of the word, from childhood, was that you had to be derrogatory, and make arguments from emotion, not logic for the purpose of sneering at and mocking someone else's beliefs. Since I have heard both liberals and conservatives do this, I have to disagree that brains are a prerequisite to bigotry.

BTW, I have been corrected. "Loopy Libertarian" is not an assonance, it is alliteration. I always did have trouble with those two.

 
At 12/24/2005 8:54 PM, Blogger Francois Tremblay declaimed...

"My understanding of the word, from childhood, was that you had to be derrogatory, and make arguments from emotion, not logic"

I have to disqualify you from using this definition, because it applies to almost everyone. ;)

 

<< Home