Google
 
Internet Goosing the Antithesis

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Christ gets fried

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=513855

This was the dramatic scene as the world's largest statue of Jesus was hit by lightning.

The bolt parted the thunderclouds over Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, to strike Christ the Redeemer.

The statue is 130ft tall, is made of 700 tons of reinforced concrete and stands atop the 2,296ft Corcovado mountain overlooking the city.





Direct hit! Christ takes 23 points of damage. Roll against unconsciousness.

Post a Comment


5 Comments:

At 2/14/2008 7:58 PM, Blogger breakerslion declaimed...

So, was it hit because it is absolutely the tallest object in the area, or because, "Thou shalt make no graven images"?

Discuss.

Joking of course. It would have been even more interesting if the cement was waterlogged enough to explode.

"Where's your messiah now?" - Edward G. Robinson

"It's Alive! ... Alive! ... Oh wait..." - Baron Frankenstein jumps to conclusions.

Tesla Schmessla! Goddidit!

Ok, I'm out.

 
At 2/14/2008 8:15 PM, Blogger breakerslion declaimed...

Ok, one more.

"I don't care if it rains or freezes 'cause I got my lightning rod Jesus Pasted to a mountain in my yard..." Apologies to Ed Rush and George Cromarty

 
At 2/14/2008 10:39 PM, Blogger Zachary Moore declaimed...

For shame! This is the most obvious caption:

"May God strike me with lightning if I'm not His Son!"

 
At 2/15/2008 2:44 PM, Blogger Aaron Kinney declaimed...

You know, the church initially opposed lightning rods when they were first invented. Fucking nutters, all of them.

 
At 2/20/2008 7:26 PM, Blogger Oh_Snap declaimed...

Wow, I saw a ton of your posts on Suicide Food, and I thought to myself "why does that name sound familiar. ...No, that can't be right!" So I checked, and it was right. You were on Spamusement too. :O Wow, what a coincidence!

 

<< Home