Google
 
Internet Goosing the Antithesis

Friday, March 23, 2007

A Second Helping of Goose

The second year of Goosing the Antithesis has come and gone. Sadly, it's seen the departure of the inspirational "Pressing the Antithesis" blog by crowd favorite Paul Manata, but fortunately he's been hanging out with the stellar lads at Triablogue, so I'm sure we'll have plenty more from him to come.

It's also seen the departure of Francois Tremblay from his leadership role at this blog, although he's not gone for good either, and frequently pops in to remind us of that fact.

My own experience this past year has been marked primarily by podcasting. The Evolution 101 podcast series that I took over from Reggie Finley has been an overwhelming success, and just today has breached 300,000 downloads. I've also founded the Apologia podcast series, which has enjoyed more modest popularity, at just over 13,000 downloads total.

For an update of the numbers for this blog from last year: GTA is up from $13.6 billion in 2006 to $17.7 billion in 2007 on Blogshares, we're down from about 300 visits per day in 2006 to 200 visits per day in 2007 (although each visit averages a two minute stay), and Technorati tracks 1207 links to this blog, making it #36 of 727 in atheism, #13 of 321 in morality, #6 of 89 in freethought, and #1 of 5 in atheology.

Post a Comment


5 Comments:

At 3/26/2007 4:36 PM, Blogger Francois Tremblay declaimed...

Here's to two more!

 
At 3/26/2007 6:09 PM, Blogger BlackSun declaimed...

Congratulations, everyone!

 
At 3/26/2007 11:53 PM, Blogger Vic declaimed...

I started reading sometime during the first year, as I remember you guys posting your first anniversary notice. This place is a great resource, and a great read besides. I check it daily. Hell, it even inspired my foray into atheist blogging - and while I'm nowhere near as skilled, or serious, I hope I'm at least half as entertaining.

Keep up the great work guys.

 
At 3/27/2007 12:37 AM, Blogger Francois Tremblay declaimed...

I promise to continue to periodically piss off people.

 
At 3/27/2007 6:38 PM, Blogger Aaron Kinney declaimed...

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander, err... atheist. :)

 

<< Home