Google
 
Internet Goosing the Antithesis

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Question of the Day 33: The Waffling Christian

Image hosting by PhotobucketA while back, Aaron Kinney caught Matt Slick with his pants down and posted it in this topic. In this topic, Matt Slick couldn't help but conclude that children born out of rape should not bear accountabity for the sins of their fathers. A strange assertion, indeed, considering the doctrine of original sin in Christianity, in which all of mankind is held accountable for the sins of two.

That's the funny thing about Christians. They'll actually sound like human beings until they notice that you're paying attention to them. Then they frantically start marginalizing moral behavior within the framework of their absurd belief system.

My question: Why do they do this? How can they waffle back and forth like that and not be aware of what they're actually doing?

Post a Comment


3 Comments:

At 3/21/2006 8:16 AM, Blogger Zachary Moore declaimed...

I think a requirement of Christianity is a high tolerance for cognitive dissonance.

 
At 3/21/2006 8:01 PM, Blogger The Jolly Nihilist declaimed...

All religions, but especially Christianity, force people to compartmentalize their knowledge. I know this, as a former Christian. I'm supposed to have a science compartment in my mind, in which I know about the natural laws. Then, I'm supposed to have a theology compartment in my mind, in which I have faith in Noah's Ark and The Resurrection. Those compartments aren't to intermix, as that would cause the inevitable conflict between The Bible and reality.

Well, in my mind, the compartments HAVE intermixed.

I've been an atheist now for about 4 years...

 
At 3/22/2006 4:04 AM, Blogger Aaron Kinney declaimed...

I really enjoyed that one. Matt Slick didnt reply.

And I just caught Manata with his pants down. See the recent post, "Manata Reveals Truth: Jesus Not Human"

Will this wacky merry go round never stop?

 

<< Home