Google
 
Internet Goosing the Antithesis

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Questions for Presuppositionalists

Well, since Paul and his cronies won't even tell us what their own argument is, we have to assume that they are either dishonest or out to troll us. I think we should kick them right out on their asses and find a better target.

But, being the generous soul that I am, I'll give them one chance for redemption. For presuppositionalism to be a viable position, they need to give the meaning of some of their terms and clarify how their position is tenable. Answer any of the following questions on the commentary.

1. What does "God" mean ?
Note that I'm not asking you to define the term. I am asking you what it means - how one might go around finding a "God" and differentiating it from "non-God".

2. What does the word "create" mean in "God created the universe" ?
In the material universe, "create" means to reform existing matter into new structures. How can "God" "create" from nothing ? Nothing can come from nothing.

3. If you agree with the Inherent-Properties Objection, what does the word "logic" mean in "logic is part of God's nature" ? In the material universe (which we live in), logic is a material property of existence.

4. Is presuppositionalism falsifiable ? Name evidence that could prove you wrong. If it's not falsifiable, it has nothing to do with reality.

5. In your Cartoon Universe, can you disprove the claim that God - or Satan - is tricking you into accepting presuppositionalism ? If not, why do you still hold on to an illusion ?

Any answer that simply reiterates the presuppositionalist position will be deleted.

Post a Comment


12 Comments:

At 4/18/2005 4:05 PM, Blogger Francois Tremblay declaimed...

Yea, you hear them too ? 'Cuz I sure ain't hearing any answer.

 
At 4/18/2005 4:32 PM, Blogger Aaron Kinney declaimed...

Hey Franc,

This should go on the books as being "The 5 Questions Presups Can't Answer"

;)

 
At 4/18/2005 6:57 PM, Blogger Error declaimed...

I was going to put my answers to this on my blog next Monday. I'm leary to post here since it may get deleted and I'll waste my time. Anyway, can you clarify 1 for me? I don't know why the meaning is "how one might go around finding a "God" and differentiating it from "non-God," yet the question is not "How do you know (about) God," but "What does 'God' mean?" Please explain the difference.

 
At 4/19/2005 2:44 PM, Blogger Error declaimed...

hello???

chirp...chirp...chirp

Yea, you hear them too ? 'Cuz I sure ain't hearing any answer.

This should go on the books as being "The 1 Question Atheists Can't Answer"

 
At 4/19/2005 3:15 PM, Blogger Francois Tremblay declaimed...

"I don't know why the meaning is "how one might go around finding a "God" and differentiating it from "non-God," yet the question is not "How do you know (about) God," but "What does 'God' mean?""

Wha ? Apparently we can add "writing coherent English questions" to the list of things you don't know about. That makes no damn sense. Can you answer the question or not ?

 
At 4/19/2005 3:57 PM, Blogger Error declaimed...

I want to answer the question. I will be answering them. Can you help clarify for me?

can you clarify 1 for me? I don't know why the meaning is "how one might go around finding a "God" and differentiating it from "non-God," yet the question is not "How do you know (about) God," but "What does 'God' mean?" Please explain the difference.

 
At 4/20/2005 5:50 PM, Blogger Error declaimed...

hello???

chirp...chirp...chirp

Yea, you hear them too ? 'Cuz I sure ain't hearing any answer.

This should go on the books as being "The 1 Question Atheists Can't Answer"

 
At 4/20/2005 5:52 PM, Blogger Francois Tremblay declaimed...

We're still waiting...

 
At 4/20/2005 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous declaimed...

Well, Franc doesn;t want to answer the questions. Fear? Who knows? Anyway, can another atheist answer muy question I've posed twice. If this doesn;t get answerd I'll be sure to mention in my response that Tremblay refused to clarify his question and so shouldn't be upset with my answer. I assure you, it'll be most embarrassing.

 
At 4/21/2005 5:05 PM, Blogger Francois Tremblay declaimed...

Still waiting...

 
At 4/21/2005 5:10 PM, Blogger Francois Tremblay declaimed...

Manata fans are proven intellectual cowards by their refusal to
1. present an actual argument
2. answer my questions

They prove that they are not here for discussion or debate but to heckle.

 
At 4/23/2005 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous declaimed...

I want to answer the question. I will be answering them. Can you help clarify for me?

can you clarify 1 for me? I don't know why the meaning is "how one might go around finding a "God" and differentiating it from "non-God," yet the question is not "How do you know (about) God," but "What does 'God' mean?" Please explain the difference.

 

<< Home