Google
 
Internet Goosing the Antithesis

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

D'Souza uses V.T. Tragedy to Assault Atheists

Normally I don't give a rat's ass what Dinesh D'Souza writes about, but this is a rare exception. D'Souza used the recent tragedy at Virginia Tech to attack the character of atheists as well as the atheistic worldview.

Fortunately, PZ Myers of Pharyngula was quick on the draw and wrote an excellent response to D'Souza's lousy piece. I thought it was funny to watch an experienced champion of atheism shred the World Net Daily-esque rantings of a political hack.

I'm not going to dip too deep here into what Dinesh wrote, because PZ's response was more than adequate. However I do recommend that you, the reader, click on the link above to see what PZ had to say about Dinesh's essay.

What I do want to do, however, is reproduce the email that I wrote to Dinesh for your reading pleasure. Yes, that's right, I wrote an email to Dinesh D'Souza. I've seen others email him in the past, and he does often respond! So I think the chances are good that I will get a reply. I really hope I do!

Anyway, finally here is the email that I wrote to Dinesh. Enjoy!

To: dineshjdsouza@aol.com
From: Aaron J Kinney
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 03:46 PM
Subject: Virginia Tech and Atheists

Dear Mr. Dinesh D'Souza,

Nice article on atheists in relation to the Virginia Tech tragedy. Oh wait, I just found a new link. Oh no, it looks like PZ Myers of Pharyngula read your article too, but he doesn’t like it as much as I did. Take a look at his response:

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2007/04/dinesh_dsouza_is_a_contemptibl.php

Point to PZ!

Remember Dinesh, that when school shootings happen, it isn’t the atheists that say the victims are better off dead, like those Amish folk said after the shooting at the Amish school in 2006. And also, remember that it isn't the atheists who threaten eternal fire and torture in the afterlife to those who don't believe as they do.

Would you, Dinesh, speculate that these VT victims are better off now that they are dead, since according to the faithful, these victims are now in heaven?

Aaron Kinney

Post a Comment


1 Comments:

At 4/18/2007 10:45 PM, Blogger HellboundAlleee declaimed...

It seems that "the atheists" (ugh) were busy mourning, while "The Christians" like D'Souza were climbing up onto dead people.

 

<< Home